Thursday 22 March 2018

Quick Review: Worker 10 Dart Angled Mag


Quick post on the Worker 10 dart mag that's been available for a couple of months.

DISCLAIMER: I was sent this product by Lightake for review, however all opinions expressed in this review are my own.


The Worker mag is actually quite short for its capacity, barely longer than Nerf's 6 dart mag, and noticeably shorter than Nerf's 10 and 12.
A closer view of the Worker 10 and the Nerf 10, both fully loaded. This isn't the best picture demonstrating the differences, but the Worker follower is much shorter than the Nerf one, and the Worker mag has less space dedicated to the spring. As such, even with the extra length from the purely cosmetic angle, the Worker 10 is noticeably shorter than the Nerf 10.
Here are some of the blasters I tried the Worker 10 with. In all cases, there were no issues fitting the mag in, and it inserted and removed smoothly. Additionally, in the limited testing I performed, the mag seemed to have no feeding issues, working flawlessly with springers and flywheelers alike.
My one usability complaint is that I personally find the mag a little too short to grip comfortably, making it a little awkward for me to grab and remove. This can really just be put down to me being used to longer mags (mainly Worker/Nerf 15-18s), and I doubt it would be an issue after some getting used to.
I also noticed a bit of a glue mess on the back of my mag near the top, though this picture doesn't show it well. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to affect performance, it just detracts slightly from the overall aesthetics of the mag.

The Worker 10 dart mag is pretty basic, just a fancy looking low-ish capacity mag. I find the capacity too low for my taste, but you probably wouldn't use these mags in a fully practical loadout anyway. You'd be looking at around 10USD, possibly more to get your hands on one of these mags. If you like the look of them, by all means go ahead and grab a couple, they function just fine. If you don't, or don't like the capacity, you can safely skip them, these mags don't offer any other benefits over any others.

No comments:

Post a Comment